Presented in partnership between the Markham Board of Trade and the Markham Small Business Centre, this Speaker Series will cover a wide array of “Employer Essentials” topics.
This session in the series will be on:
Payroll Processing and Compliance
This seminar is designed to help small business owners get a better understanding of payroll processing. It will cover a variety of payroll topics including:
There will be a Q&A session after the presentation. Attendees are encouraged to bring questions.
- Common misconceptions employers have of processing payroll.
- Rules governing deductions and remittances for Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Employment Insurance (EI) and Income taxes.
- What are taxable benefits?
- Government agencies that have direct interest in payroll information (CRA, Ministry of Labour, WSIB, and Ministry of Finance)
- How to leverage free tools online to process payroll accurately that comply with regulations of various government agencies
- And many more!
The target audience for these sessions would be new business owners or entrepreneurs, as well as HR managers who are new to their roles, with the goal of providing them with information required to effectively operate their business.
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
IBM Innovation Space - Markham Convergence Centre (map)
3600 Steeles Avenue E., Training Room A-102
Markham, ON L3R 9Z7
FREE to attend.
- ONLINE: click “register” button below
- BY EMAIL: events [at] markhamboard.com
- BY PHONE: 289-844-3024
On-line registration will close 2 business days prior to the event. Late registrants will be accepted by phone or email, however, we cannot guarantee a printed name badge, or inclusion on attendee list, but we will do our best to accommodate you.
Markham Board of Trade reserves the right to photograph its events, and use these photographs in their publications, social media, or promotional materials. By registering for any of our events, you understand and acknowledge that your photograph may be taken and used at the Board of Trade’s discretion.
Cancellations will be accepted, during regular business hours (Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) up to 2 business days prior to the date of the event. Cancellations made after this 2 business day window, or registrants who fail to attend, will be charged the full registration fee. Delegate substitutions may be made, at no charge.